Anne Taylor Carros
Lord Aeck Sargent
January 4, 2007
Lord, Aeck & Sargent Wins AIA Continuing Education Award for Excellence
Program recognizes educational providers to architectural and engineering firms
ATLANTA, Jan. 4, 2007 – Lord, Aeck & Sargent announced today that it is the recipient of The American Institute of Architects (AIA) “Award for Excellence in Professional Continuing Education” in the medium firm provider category.
Established nine years ago, the annual award recognizes educational providers to architectural and engineering firms and their commitment to an overall system of developing high quality professional continuing education programs. Lord, Aeck & Sargent will accept a trophy at the AIA/CES MarketPlace at the AIA 2007 Annual Convention and Design Exposition this May in San Antonio.
“As one of the first architecture firms to establish an AIA-accredited continuing education program, Lord, Aeck & Sargent has long been a leader in this area," said Daniel Schumm, the firm's manager of professional development. “We are extremely pleased that the AIA has recognized our commitment to providing outstanding continuing education for our staff through our program. We're proud of the program because it strengthens our employees, thereby directly benefiting our clients. We believe that our continuing education programs have been and will continue to be a factor in attracting quality candidates to join our firm.”
According to the AIA, each winner demonstrated excellence in all phases:
- “Commitment and support” examines the firm’s leadership, support and commitment to education.
- “Planning and analysis” examines the organization’s structure for analyzing educational needs and professional development of the architect.
- “Design and implementation” reviews the program, learning objectives, design, and delivery methods.
- “Resources and records” examines human resources and the record keeping process.
- “Evaluation and improvement” examines the evaluation and improvement process of the education activities.
- “Continuing education services, provider specific” is the area in which judges examine the organization’s community outreach through educational programs and services.
About Lord, Aeck & Sargent
Lord, Aeck & Sargent is an award-winning architectural firm serving clients in scientific, academic, historic preservation, arts and cultural, and multi-family housing and mixed-use markets. The firm’s core values are responsive design, technological expertise and exceptional service. Lord, Aeck & Sargent has offices in Ann Arbor, Michigan; Atlanta; and Chapel Hill, North Carolina. For more information, visit the firm at www.lordaecksargent.com.
About The American Institute of Architects
For 150 years, members of The American Institute of Architects have worked with each other and their communities to create more valuable, healthy, secure, and sustainable buildings and cityscapes. AIA members have access to the right people, knowledge, and tools to create better design, and through such resources and access, they help clients and communities make their visions real. www.aia.org