University of Georgia
Fine Arts Building
The Fine Arts Building was designed and constructed in 1939-1940 as a Federal Public Works Administration (PWA) project.
The Neoclassical style building was originally designed to house the drama, music, dance, and visual arts programs. The building contains a spacious performance theater, fly tower, back stage area, dressing rooms, smaller performance venues, lobby, classrooms, and offices. The building is primarily used today to support the programs of the Performing Arts Division and Drama Department.
Lord Aeck Sargent provided architectural services for a renovation to the existing lobby including ADA accessible restrooms. The project also involved the replacement and relocation of the existing mechanical equipment serving the main theater which improved both efficiency and the acoustical quality of the space.
Practice AreasTheatres & Auditoriums
Performing & Fine Arts Education