Coweta County Courthouse

Coweta County Courthouse Rehabilitation

Newnan, GA

Constructed in 1904, the Coweta County Courthouse is a beautiful Neoclassical Revival structure that served as the county courthouse until 2007.

As the architectural anchor of downtown Newnan, the County Commission decided to rehabilitate the historic courthouse for continued use as Probate Court and as the Convention and Visitor’s Bureau for Coweta County.

Lord Aeck Sargent completed the rehabilitation of the courthouse, which included repair to the copper roofing, new mechanical, electrical, plumbing and fire protection systems, full ADA upgrades, a catering kitchen and restoration of the historic interior finishes.


Practice Areas

Public Buildings