Bitsy Grant Tennis Center Restoration

Bitsy Grant Tennis Center Restoration

Atlanta, GA

The restoration of the Bitsy Grant Tennis Center focused on returning the facility to its original appearance as constructed in 1952 by Aeck Associates.

Richard Aeck’s original design for the building used expansive glass within a structural grid of architectural concrete to capture panoramic views of the clay courts from the structure’s upper level. Lockers, showers and a lounge occupy the lower level of the two-level structure.

The interior restoration recaptured the original open floor plan, which allows occupants to circulate the brick central core of the building unencumbered. Panoramic views of the clay courts and neighboring golf course were also recaptured.  Furnishings and lighting that complement the mid-century modern feeling of the building were also incorporated.


Practice Areas