Anne Taylor Carros
Lord Aeck Sargent
March 23, 2017
Lord Aeck Sargent Promotes 14 in Atlanta Headquarters Office
Leading Architecture and Planning Firm Continues Nurturing Talent and Growth from Within
ATLANTA, Ga. — March 22, 2017 – Lord Aeck Sargent recently promoted 19 associates and senior associates, 14 from within its Atlanta office. The leading architecture, design and planning firm has six offices that focus on responsive design, technical expertise and sustainable practices.
Its design staff represents a broad range of expertise including registered architects, preservation planners, interior designers, urban designers, material specialists, land planners, cost estimators, building performance analysts and zoning specialists.
“As valuable members of the Lord Aeck Sargent team, these rising stars provide deep expertise and years of invaluable experience to our headquarters office in Atlanta,” said Joe Greco, President of Lord Aeck Sargent. “We are excited to see our colleagues excel and want to provide them with greater opportunities for growth. These are the emerging leaders who will continue to drive the passion and excellence of Lord Aeck Sargent in Atlanta.”
- Karen M Gravel, AIA, CDT, LEED AP, has been with the firm for nearly 15 years and was promoted to Principal. She focuses on historic preservation projects and is currently the project manager for The Fox Theatre, leading a team of designers in creating a premium luxury space and rooftop terrace. The project is under construction and slated to open in October. She is also working on the programming effort for Terrell Hall at Georgia College and State University. The historic dormitory is being rehabilitated for offices and program space for the Mass Communications Program.
- Julie Arnold, Associate AIA, was promoted to Senior Associate after more than 12 years at the firm. She also focuses on historic preservation and recently completed work on The Callanwolde Barn Rehabilitation. This former Candler mansion is now operated as a premier participatory arts and cultural center. To expand their mission, the underutilized historic Barn, built in 1919, was transformed into a vibrant music studio. The sensitive integration of this new modern use while rehabilitating the historic structure earned this project an Excellence in Rehabilitation Award from the Georgia Trust for Historic Preservation in 2016.
- Victoria Cunningham, celebrating 20 years with the firm, was promoted to Senior Associate and serves as Lord Aeck Sargent’s Corporate Office Manager. Her responsibilities include facilities management and overseeing management of the regional offices. Victoria administers the firm mentor program and organizes fundraisers with local organizations including PADV (Partnership Against Domestic Violence), The Atlanta Food Bank, Camp Twin Lakes and Susan G. Komen.
- Chris Fender was promoted to Senior Associate. With Lord Aeck Sargent since 2003, Chris’ current projects include Broadstone Yards, a multi-family apartment project in Atlanta and Modera Vinings, a mixed-use project in Cobb County with residences and retail space. Chris recently completed 675 N. Highland, a mixed-use project in the Poncey-Highland neighborhood with residences, retail space and office space.
- Charlotte Blue was promoted to Associate. She has worked on several recent projects as an Interior Designer including the Fox Theatre, Broadstone Court, Broadstone Midtown, Broadstone Windy Ridge, Broadstone West Midtown and Broadstone 8 South.
- Sarah Colvin-Pitts, RA, was promoted to Associate. She is the project architect of Crescent NoDa, a 380,000-square-foot housing and mixed-use development in Charlotte, N.C.
- Dalen Faughn, AIA, CDT, was promoted to Associate. He is currently working as project architect on The Charles, a high-rise mixed-use condominium project in Buckhead.
- Eva Hare was promoted to Associate and serves as Corporate Business Administrator. Eva is a project accountant for project managers in both the Atlanta and Lexington offices, as well as providing marketing support primarily for the Urban Design and Planning service area.
- Monica Harvey, RA, was promoted to Associate. She is currently working as project architect on Anthem, 246 units over restaurant and retail located directly on Old Fourth Ward Park, slated for completion in fall 2017. She is also working as project architect with Brock Hudgins Architects on 670 DeKalb Avenue, an extension of the Beltline past Krog Street Market. It includes the extension of the path with mixed retail, large terraces overlooking the path and residential units.
- Knox Jolly, Associate, has recently worked as project architect on Seventh Midtown, a mixed-use condominium located in midtown Atlanta. Seventh Midtown was recently awarded the AIA Atlanta Honor Award for best multi-family dwelling. Knox is currently the project architect on The Charles, an 18-story mixed-use condominium located in Buckhead. The Charles is slated to break ground in 2017.
- Chuk Lindberg, RA, was promoted to Associate. Chuk leads construction administration for Broadstone Midtown, a multi-family residential building, and Broadstone Ridge, a multi-family residential building near Suntrust Park in Smyrna.
- Sarah McConnell, AIA, LEED AP, was promoted to Associate. She is the project architect for Modera Cumberland/Vinings for Mill Creek Residential, a mixed-use, multi-family project currently under construction. She is also project manager for the new Student Life Center at Sherman College of Chiropractic in Boiling Springs, S.C.
- Rebecca Ross, RA, was promoted to Associate and has focused her efforts most recently on the design of the UNG Convocation Center. The 103,000-square-foot project will serve as a multi-use arena for the University of North Georgia.
# # #
About Lord Aeck Sargent
Lord Aeck Sargent is an award-winning architectural and urban planning firm serving clients in academic, historic preservation, science and technology, interiors, arts and cultural, multi-family housing and mixed-use, and urban design and planning markets. The firm’s experts in these practice areas, who have deep regional and national experience and relationships, collaborate across six offices in Ann Arbor, Michigan; Atlanta, Georgia; Austin, Texas; Chapel Hill, North Carolina; Lexington, Kentucky; and Washington, D.C. It has been named one of Atlanta Business Chronicle's Top 25 Architectural Firms 15 times, received American Institute of Architects’ National Honor Award and has been in Engineering News-Record Magazine’s Top 500 Design Firms list 10 times. Lord Aeck Sargent is No. 88 on ENR’s Top 100 Green Design Firms list, and has been named a Top Green Design firm by multiple publications 16 times. For more information, visit the firm at www.lordaecksargent.com.