Georgia State University
The Helen M. Aderhold Learning Center
Located in downtown Atlanta's historic Fairlie-Poplar district, Georgia State University's classroom building satisfies the University's mandate for technologically advanced learning facilities.
The five-story Center echoes and complements the surrounding historic buildings while incorporating telecommunications and teaching technologies including: laptop computer outlets, high-tech projection screens and distance learning capabilities. A trellised rooftop garden provides students and faculty a casual green space in which to meet informally, and the building's street-level retail space embraces the culture of downtown Atlanta.
The design of the new Classroom Building includes:
- State-of-the-art A/V presentation systems
- Distance learning features
- Master media control room
- 48 classrooms with more than 2,600 seats
- A 100-station computer lab
- An 80-seat cyber cafe, lounge, vending and study areas
- Student activity space
- 12,000 gsf of retail