Alabama Department of Conservation
Claude Peteet Mariculture Center
Gulf Shores, AL
The Claude Peteet Mariculture Center serves as the research and administrative facility for the Alabama Department of Conservation & Natural Resources’ Marine Resources Division.
The Center is home to a large hatchery that produces red snapper, spotted sea trout and striped bass.
Hatchery and Laboratory:
- Functions will include laboratory spaces, food preparation and cold storage spaces, live feed production and fish culture areas and aquaculture water treatment systems.
- Injection/ Strip/ Spawn Laboratory with 35' long raceway plus 24 aquaria.
- Fry Lab with (2) 12' long raceways, (12) 2,000 gallon tanks and (40) other holding tanks.
- 600 GPM sea water system and a 600 GPM canal water system.
- Algae Research and Control Laboratories.
- Algae Mass Production Laboratory.
- Zooplankton Production Laboratory.
- Pond Production Laboratory.
- Brood Stock Holding with (6) 6,000 gallon tanks.
- Functions will include offices, public areas, and multi-purpose conference room.
- Site work includes storm water drainage, asphalt driveways and brick paver parking areas.
In collaboration with Krebs Architecture & Engineering.