Often the success of even a well-planned job lies in diligent construction administration. We believe in the importance of the architect's presence throughout the construction process and are dedicated to full-service construction administration.
Although the contractor is responsible for building in accordance with the plans and specifications, the design team should be active in helping to ensure that the construction of the facility adheres to those plans and specifications. The team is responsible for seeing that the construction contractor's methodology and schedule is appropriate and accurately implemented to the extent our agreement allows. Complete and accurate progress information, including minutes of weekly meetings, RFIs and other communication techniques, are distributed to as broad a list of interested parties as feasible.
Lord Aeck Sargent provides leadership for the construction contract administration phase of our work, providing support for the entirety of the project. We are intimately familiar with the big picture view of our projects before entering into the process of nuts and bolts.
We make close-out inspections of our work and issue a certificate of substantial completion at the appropriate time. As you move in, LAS coordinates the installation of furniture and equipment as contracted.
Our construction contract administration procedures include:
- Participating in partnering sessions with the contractor and client
- Preparing site construction reports
- Issuing contract modifications as necessary
- Reviewing contractor-requested modifications
- Monitoring construction progress
- Developing punch lists
- Determining substantial completion
- Coordinating final completion activities
- Coordinating any modification requested by the client after test events